Attention 3rd and 4th Year Medical Students
Are you a Canadian medical student, attending a medical school other than Western’s Schulich School of Medicine?
If so, apply now for our Visiting Elective Awards Program.
What is the Visiting Elective Awards Program?
Blue Coast has teamed up with our local physicians to HELP YOU train in Ontario through our Visiting Elective Awards Program. We understand how difficult it can be to secure a FM Residency placement in Ontario, so we have developed this program to assist you in being successful in achieving this goal. Ideally, resulting in you settling in Sarnia-Lambton to practice.
As an award recipient, Western Schulich School of Medicine and Blue Coast will endeavor to match you to a local FM physician for your elective experience.
There are 6 – 4 week electives being offered for 2022.
- Be 3rd or 4th year medical student studying outside of ‘Western Schulich Medicine Program
- Must attend an accredited medical school
- Must complete the AFMC Portal
Recipients are Awarded:
- A $500 Travel & Accommodation bursary to be used during elective
- Blue Coast will arrange a $250/week bursary for your arranged preceptor
- Assistance liasing with Western Visiting Elective Program to match in Sarnia
- After a successful rotation, the goal is for your preceptor to provide you a letter of reference towards your CaRMS application
Apply below by completing the form, and uploading the following documents:
- A minimum of 1 letter of reference (LOR) from your Program Director
- A 500-word letter, which includes:
- Why you wish to complete an elective in Sarnia
- What type of community you see yourself practicing in
- What field of medicine you want to pursue
- What residency program you are hoping to be accepted to
- List the top 3 residency program you wish to accepted to
Note: RCSI Approved Nominees are not required to provide 500 word letter or LOR.